- Mergon’s 2 meter Barrier system allows for pedestrian walkways to be easily organised, monitored and controlled.
- One-piece construction, manufactured from virgin high density polythene.
- The barriers are easily connected (one clip supplied per barrier) and have stacking features which ensures they can be transported from location to location.
- The Mergon Barrier system was tested under strict conditions to determine it’s wind speed resilience.
- Anti-trip feet supplied as standard.
- Certified to highest quality standards: ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and ISO 13485.
- The Mergon Barrier can be manufactured in any colour, (minimum order applies). Please call 0800 949 9300 to discuss your requirements.
Wind Resistance Testing:
Below are the results and guides as to the recommended ballast weight for each different wind class:
Class C with no ballast required.
Class B with 40Kg ballast required.
Class A with 80Kg ballast required.
All temporary traffic barriers must be able to withstand three different classes of wind speeds with the use of ballast. The standard BS 8442:2006 states the three classes. As the following:
Class A 26.3 m/s (58mph).
Class B 17.6 m/s (39mph).
Class C 8.7 m/s (19mph) - The Beaufort scale describes Class C as: “Gentle breeze. Leaves and twigs in constant motion. Wind extends a light flag”.